Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Metal Universe Update: Contest Winnings

Recently one of my favorite hockey card blogs, Puck Junk, held a contest to coincide with it's relaunch. The winner of the contest received a nice 1987-88 Topps Patrick Roy. While I wasn't the lucky one to win that particular card, I did end up with a consolation prize that was even better than the Roy as far as I'm concerned. 

It's another important piece of my 1996-97 Metal Universe set project, check it out:


I've actually never even seen this card before, so that makes it that much better, plus it's another one for my ever growing Red Wings collection. It's the third Wing I have from the set, leaving me with just a few more to complete the team set. 

This one brings me to 67/200 for the base set. Just want to say thanks Sal for putting on a great contest and for sending out the consolation prizes.

2 comments:

  1. You like Red Wings, and you're building this set, so it seemed to be an ideal "consolation" prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consolation prizes rule! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete