Sunday, June 24, 2012

Jimmy Howard: SPx Dual Jersey

Lately I've hit a bit of a lull when it comes to buying cards for my Jimmy Howard collection. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I just feel the need to focus more on my set projects at the moment. That's ok though and that's exactly why I have more than one project going. If I get bored with one, I just move onto another until I get bored with that one and the cycle repeats itself. 

My latest Howard pickup didn't really even come from my own efforts, as it was pulled from a box of SPx by Sal over at Puck Junk a while back. I inquired about making a trade for the card and we came to an agreement, and now the card is mine. Thanks Sal! 


The best thing about this card is that it has both a red and a white jersey piece on the front. I don't really care if that is any more or less rare than all white or all red, I just thing it looks better having both team colors represented. If only I could say the entire design of the card looked great, then this would be an awesome card. 

Not trying to complain about UD here, but did they really have to cut off the tops of the player's heads on these cards as well as all the base cards? It just looks awkward, right? Other than that, I just don't like the massive amount of dead space above the "Winning Materials" text and SPx logo. Oh well, what can you do, they can't make something that pleases everyone, am I right?

This one brings my Jimmy Howard collection total to 124. Not a bad start to a PC, but I have to admit, it's getting to be a bit overwhelming with all the cards he has coming out these days. I'm not saying I want to give up on the project or anything, at least not yet, but I will probably back off a bit when it comes to pursuing these cards and just pick them up as it makes sense here on out.

2 comments:

  1. I guess slow and study wins the race when looking at a PC of a player that is active in the league. That's what makes a retired player so much easier to track down and take it one set at a time. Good luck and don't give up on Jimmy Ho!

    ReplyDelete