Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vote for Jimmy: EA Sports NHL 13 Cover

Not much in the mail for me lately, as you can tell by the lack of posts here lately. Anyway, I came across a Puck Daddy article on Yahoo! about the cover athlete for EA Sports NHL 13, due out later this year. For the first time, fans are going to vote on the cover athlete, and as it turns out, Jimmy Howard is one of the two Red Wings candidates.

I'm sure a lot of you guys are at least into a game like this, I know I am. It's the only video game I buy on a yearly basis. If Jimmy was on the cover it would make it that much cooler, at least to me. Here's what it might look like. I found this pic over on a site called PicturePush under the username marri61. Check it out:


Pretty cool, eh? Click here to vote for Jimmy and be sure to do so before the June 4th deadline. Unless of course your favorite player is among the candidates.

3 comments:

  1. I've been buying this game yearly ever since 2003 when I got my first GameCube...it's come a long way, NHL 12 is so fun. My Be A Pro Online (EASHL) is at 189 games and about 370 or so points. Love EASHL, what do you play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been too lazy to get on Xbox live with it, so I've just been using things like the playoff mode and stuff. Still a heck of a lot of fun though.

      Delete
  2. Yes, a good idea to pick the cover athlete like they did with Madden but Madden has a curse. NHL cover is good luck as in NHL 10 (Kane) scored the Stanley Cup clinching goal and Stamkos has 55 Goals this year. I would love to see a goalie on the cover but most people are fans of Pavel Datsyuk. But I have been playing NHL since 2000 on the PC it's a xbox game that I buy yearly. I mostly play be a player, Ultimate team, and exhibition/ season games. Sometimes I will play people on Live but not that often. Overall it is always a good game and never a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete