Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Picks # 45: Martin Brodeur

This pick comes from one of the more unique sets from the late 90's, and that set would be 1996-97 Metal Universe. This Marty Brodeur has to be one of the best, it's right up there with this Bill Ranford.


These cards look so much better in person, especially with some of the backgrounds and intricate designs like this one. I guess some cards are just not meant to scan well. 

One thing I do like about the set is that every background design is different, that's something you don't see much of. I also like the fact that all of the text is at the bottom of the card leaving the rest of the top portion unobstructed. 

Someday I would love to collect the entire Metal Universe base set, just to see all of the different backgrounds and any other oddities they came up with, like the laser beam head set on Brodeur's mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment