Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Picks # 31: Jaromir Jagr

This pick is yet another card that caught my eye, this time when flipping through the pages of one of my binders. It's a Jaromir Jagr base card from 2001-02 Upper Deck.

It's another one of those cards where the player recently changed teams over the summer, and with Upper Deck being one of the early releases, there were no pictures of him actually wearing the jersey on the ice.


Usually these kind of cards will have a picture from a press-conference or something like that. This one is different though. I can't think of many hockey cards that have a national monument in the background.

It could have been worse, if they had put a picture of him in a Penguins jersey. That's one of those things I can't stand, when the team on the card doesn't match the jersey on the player. Check out this perfect example of what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment