Thursday, May 21, 2020

Masks: 2002-03 BTP The Mask II

Who doesn't love the Mask cards from back in the day? I know I still do and I'm always on the lookout for good deals on them. Usually I try to find them at card shows, but that's not really an option right now or for the foreseeable future. In place of browsing the singles bins at shows, I've been doing a lot more searching eBay. 

That's where I was able to snag three awesome new additions to my Mask card collection. All three come from the 2002-03 BTP The Mask II set and feature masks that I grew up watching on TV as a kid. I was able to get all three for $5 including shipping.

Of the three it was hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to it would be Olaf Kolzig's Godzilla mask. What's not to like about a fire breathing monster? The bronzes stars and the Washington landmarks in the background are nice touches as well.


My next favorite would be Ed Belfour's iconic Eagle mask, although this one from his time in Toronto is as cool as the original Blackhawks version.


Lastly we have the "Bulin Wall" mask worn by Nikolai Khabibulin with the Tampa Bay Lightning. I always thought that was one of the cooler goalie nicknames and it was awesome how it was worked into his mask design.


These join the five I already had to bring me to a total of 8 out of 30 for the set. They also bring my overall mask collection total to 61. I still have a ways to go if I want to complete all the actual mask sets. One of these days I'll have to put together a full want list. 

Any one else working on collecting all the mask cards?

Mask Collection Total: 61

1 comment:

  1. I'm not working on any of the Mask sets... but I love them nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete