Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Dominik Hasek: PowerDeck Auxilary Power

Time for more PowerDeck! In addition to the Patrik Stefan, the only other player I collect not named Jimmy Howard was also included in this set from Upper Deck back in 1999-00. Dominik Hasek is pictured here with the Sabres. He really did have some great looking goalie gear during those last few years in Buffalo, am I right?

This one is card #6 in the 20-card set.


I actually really like the look of this set with the split photos, especially the way they colorized the left one to match the team color beneath the name and number. Also, I can't think of any other set where the Upper Deck logo is in the dead center of the design, but it works here. You almost lose the logo on some of these cards this way.

While its been a few years since I added anything to my Hasek collection, I'm still always interested in adding lower end stuff. He was my favorite player growing up and has a ton of cards from the late 90's and early 00's when I was really big into card collecting.

I have a nice binder of Hasek stuff going so far, but have no idea how many cards are actually in there. One of these days I will need to go through and count them.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think the setup on this card was my favorite of his Sabres gear, especially with the logos on his helmet. Definitely an upgrade over the plain black one.

      Delete
  2. I loved collecting Hasek back in the 90's. Actually... I loved collecting Roy, Brodeur, Potvin, Beezer, Cujo, Richter, and Irbe too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved watching all those guys play back then. Goalies were always my favorite position, just because of the cool equipment.

      Some real iconic masks among that group too, except for maybe Irbe. Although you know his right away anyway. Beezer's Panthers mask was probably my favorite.

      Delete