Monday, March 19, 2012

My Picks #84: Kerry Fraser

That's right, Kerry Fraser. Time for something a bit different, a referee card. You don't see many of those nowadays, do you? This one is from one of the good old NHL Pro Set releases from back in the day. I love the idea for this little subset they have. I think it's the only one I've ever seen featuring any kind of official.

Here's a look at the front of the card. It's got the standard layout common to the entire set, with a few differences of course. The most notable is probably the black & white striped trim above and below the image. Pretty neat, right? Well, at least for 1990,


As you can see Fraser has his hair perfect and styled just like we're always used to seeing. Other than that the only problem with the front of the card is the way the picture is a bit off center to the right. One thing I will say is the teal top and bottom borders contrast well with the black and white stripes of the trim and Fraser's uniform. 


I will always remember Kerry Fraser as public enemy number one to Red Wings fans for a few bad calls back in the day, gotta love the "Fraser sucks!" chants that came out of The Joe back then. Others probably know him for the above YouTube clip. I don't really remember it because that was a year or two before I got into hockey, and I was like 5 years old.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...love it, I actually was looking at this card on the weekend. I was seeing what cards I was missing from completing my 90-91 Pro Set set.

    Don't see the coaches cards or ref cards anymore....I wonder why? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice, I've always liked these. I think I've got a completed 90-91 Pro Set set kicking around here somewhere...

    ReplyDelete