Thursday, February 9, 2012

Captured on Cardboard #8: Darren McCarty

It's been a little while now since I've done one of these, since September actually, but as I was sorting through some of my Red Wings cards recently I came across one I had to share. It's a Darren McCarty from 1997-98 Upper Deck. It's another one of those game dated cards, the fourth one I've done now. The caption on this one says it all.


Now for the video. It's a bit hard to see, but around the 1:07 mark you can see McCarty skating in front of the Wings bench from a camera in the stands behind the bench. It's the exact opposite viewpoint of the shot on the card, so it's kind of neat to get another perspective of the moment captured here.



Watching that replay never gets old. It's one of those moments I will never forget as a Red Wings fan. Other than Yzerman hoisting the Cup at the end of the game, this was probably the most memorable highlight of the entire playoff run for the Wings that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment