Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dominik Hasek: Some Old Favorties

Now that I've decided to continue going after Hasek cards, I thought I would share some favorites from the cards I have so far. Nothing spectacular here, just a few that stand out.

This one from '95 Fleer is not the most spectacular card in the world, but there is just something about it that stands out to me. For starters, I always like cards showing Dom in blue and gold. Other than that, I find it interesting that they put his information (i.e. birth date, height, and weight) right on the front.


Yet another with Dom in the blue and gold. This one is a Marquee Men from 1995-96 Topps. I've always like this set for some reason, I think it must be something with the border. Now I just need to find the power booster version of this one. 


This one is a bit newer and features the revamped black and red jerseys, which I happen to really like. This one is from 1998-98 UD Choice and it's a red version of the Starquest insert. Apparently there were three versions including red and blue. I just like this one the most because the red fits perfectly with the revamped jerseys. 


This one comes from 1999-00 Upper Deck and the Ice Gallery insert set. There is just something about this set that I really like. The blue foil is a nice touch and the shape of the photo window is kind of unique with the border surrounding it. This is the standard version of the card, as there is a Quantum Silver version numbered to 100.


This Legendary Game Jersey insert from 2000-01 UD Legends and is the only Hasek memorabilia I have in the collection at this point. I like that they actually have the same color jersey swatch as the jersey shown on the card. The only thing I don't like is the repeated image, at least one is color and one black and white though. 


So that was just a sampling of the cards I currently have in my Dominik Hasek collection. I plan on sharing some more of what I already have and any new additions to the collection. 

I've got less than 100 different Hasek cards, which isn't exactly impressive, but a decent start I think. According to a few resources, there are well over 1000 Hasek cards out there so I definitely have a ways to go for my collection to be of any significance. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice post! And good choice with Dominik HaĊĦek, too. I remember I used to own the first 3 cards you showed here, so thanks, it brought back some nostalgic memories :)

    What I really like about your posts is that you don't strictly specialize on high-end cards, like most guys do (and it gets boring and intimidating for me, having no such cards), but instead, you are not afraid to show a couple of base cards. You got good comments on cards, too.

    Well, keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks. I know what you mean about people focusing on the high-end stuff. I'm in the same boat, I don't really own anything really high-end and I'm ok with that. Sometimes base cards are just as fun to chase as the high-end cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice additions to The Dominator PC... I've always been a big fan of Hasek. lmk if you ever want to trade. I'm sure I have tons of Hasek inserts/base/parallel cards (unfortunately 90's stuff)... I'd be willing to trade for Sharks cards. PM me if interested ;-)

    ReplyDelete