Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Picks # 32: Steve Shields

Well I've hit a bit of a lull in new additions to my collection so I will probably be posting more of these on a regular basis for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, this pick is one that showcases one of the coolest goalie masks in recent years. It's a Steve Shields from 2003-04 Topps, specifically a blue border O-Pee-Chee parallel numbered 494/500.


There's nothing better than a base card  featuring a goalie mask. There are not enough closeup shots like this in my opinion. This was one thing I liked about this set, it had a nice variety of photos. 

The Topps base set this card came from has an awful green colored border, which makes this blue parallel that much better in my mind. On top of that, there are only 499 more of these out there. 

As far as the mask goes, it has to be the greatest tribute mask out there. If there's one better I have yet to see it. It's something unique and that is always a plus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment