Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Card Boarded Collection (Update)

All the way back in November of 2012 I posted about a PC collection website I created called "The Card Boarded Collection" where I could share all of my scans in one place. Well, five years later I am still using it, but have made a ton of minor tweaks along the way.

https://cardboarded.weebly.com/

I am now in the process of updating it to include my latest pickups and a lot of other things that have been shown on the blog but not uploaded to the site. It is a pretty basic looking site and I wanted to keep it that way since it's purpose is just to show off my collection.

I set up each collecting project with it's own page. Beyond that there is only a quick description at the top and then a gallery filling up the rest of the page. I think this is the best way to do it so I don't have to get into pages and pages specific to inserts, autos, etc. It's a nice way to be able to take a quick look at my collection without actually having to physically be in my basement where all the cards are stored.

This site was built using the free Weebly service. Anyone else still use this or a similar type of site to show off their collection all in one place? I highly recommend it since it's free (at least for now) and relatively easy to use. Click here for more info.

4 comments:

  1. I've used Weebly for years. It's so awesome and easy to use. I've told several people about it. Lol... it actually gets more viewer its than my blog :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your page and it's pretty impressive with all the content you've got.

      I definitely love the simplicity of Weebly. Once I figured out a few minor formatting details it was really easy to start filling up the pages with scans.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a useful tool. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!! It's a great idea that maybe someday I will get around to doing.

    ReplyDelete