Monday, June 13, 2016

Mr. Hockey

While I was never lucky enough to see Gordie Howe play during his career, I can still appreciate the legend he is and what he means to the Red Wings and the hockey world. I may be a little late in doing this post, but I still thought it was a good idea to post all of my Gordie Howe cards in remembrance of Mr. Hockey.

My favorite is this one from 2005-06 SP Authentic. Its got a great color photo with Howe cropped from the background so the picture really stands out. The primarily red and white card also helps make this my favorite of the few I was able to find. 


Up next is one from 2009-10 Upper Deck Champ's.


Then this was this one from 2009 National Hockey Card Day.


Here is one from 2006-07 Parkhurst. While it's got a cool action shot, this one would probably look so much better with a color photo.


Here is a Legends card from 2009-10 O-Pee-Chee.


This Memorable Seasons card is from 2002-03 Upper Deck.


This one came as part of a nine-card giveaway set from a Red Wings game I went to back in 2011. it commemorates the first 100 point season in Red Wings history.


Lastly we have this one from Panini's 2012 Father's Day set.


Those are all the Howe cards I could find for now. I should probably have a few more of his cards since I do collect Red Wings stuff, so that's something I'll be on the lookout for next time I hit the dime and quarter boxes.

Rest in peace Mr. Hockey...

2 comments: