Sunday, May 29, 2016

Red Wings: Trade Pickups (Part 1)

It's been a while since I've done any trading, so it was nice to get one going with reader Marc B. recently. We basically did a team for team swap meaning I got a bunch of cool Red Wings cards in exchange for a bunch of Bruins cards. I love these kinds of trades as both parties get something they like and clear out some space taken up by things that don't necessarily fit their specific collecting goals. 

This is only part one as I have a lot more cards I want to scan and show off. These are just the first ones I got to and they are some pretty sweet additions to my growing Red Wings collection. If I were to cram them all into one post I would be here for a very long time.

Anyway, up first is one of my favorite cards from the trade, a Chris Osgood Milestones jersey card from 2001-02 Parkhurst. As stated on the front the milestone here was 200 wins for Osgood. The card has a nice sized red jersey piece and just has a nice overall look.


Up next is another Osgood jersey card, this time from 2006-07 Upper Deck. Again another red jersey piece and an overall nice looking card. 


In addition to these two, there were several autographs. The first was this Bob Rouse from 1995-96 Be A Player, the set where they couldn't use any team logos.


Then there was this Paul Ysebaert from 1991-92 ProSet. 


Next was this Slava Kozlov from 1993-94 Topps Stadium Club.


Then there was this Terry Carkner from 1993-94 Parkurst.


And finally this Jimmy Carson from 1991-92 Parkhurst.


I have to give a huge thanks to Marc on this one. These are some awesome additions to my Wings collection. The Osgood cards help boost the memorabilia portion of the collection, which is severly lacking, and all of the autos are the first I've gotten for each of those players. I'll get to some more great stuff when I post part two here soon.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you like those cards and thanks for the kind words. With the exception of Rouse, the others were in person autographs obtained numerous years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice additions, like those Osgood jersey cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
    Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete