Monday, July 28, 2014

Thoughts: What to do About a Damaged Card from eBay

After the last Super Script I posted, I had been waiting for one other card from eBay and it happened to arrive today. I was excited to see the bubble mailer in the mailbox and of course ripped right into it. I slid the card out and the front was exactly what I remember seeing in the auction listing. The back was a different story though. I turned it over looking for the serial number and found a bunch of orange stains in the middle and along on edge. Here's a look. Click on the image to see it full size.


Here is what the seller had listed in the description:

- Up for auction is a pack fresh 2013 - 2014 Panini Prizm Hockey Exclusive Cracked Ice Jimmy Howard #30 SSP
- This card is very rare and only available at the 2013 Toronto Fall Card Expo via the wrapper redemption program.
- This card is extremely limited with only 25 produced.
- C ard went from pack to sleeve and top loader.

Then there was this listed under the "condition" section:

- Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

I don't see anything written about the condition of the back of the card, so I'm wondering what the best course of action is in this case. My first thought it to see if I can get a refund, but at the same time I really want to keep this card for my Howard collection as there aren't exactly that many of them to go around.

I guess my first step is going to be letting the seller know that there was some damage to the back of the card and see where it takes me from there. Any thoughts or advice on the situation would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I would contact Panini's customer service via their online form. They let you upload a picture. The card is recent, so they might have a replacement for it. Or they might be able to give you a different Howard card for it. I would rather roll the dice and see what Panini could offer instead of just getting a refund. Then again, I don't know what you paid for it.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only paid $2 plus a few dollars for shipping, so I'm not too worried about it.

      Delete