Sunday, April 14, 2013

Duplicity #4: Sebastien Centomo

Duplicity - The quality or state of being double or twofold. 

Instead of going with back-to-back-to-back Goaltending Gallimaufry posts, I thought I would squeeze one of these in today. This is the last of the PC projects that made up the big box of cards I got from Brett over at My Hockey Card Obsession. This is also my newest side project, so it's nice to get two new additions to it. 

This time we have former Leafs goalie Sebastien Centomo. The card on the left is his 2002-03 Upper Deck Young Guns RC. The card on the right with an enlarged version of the same picture comes from 2002-03 UD Foundations set.


It's pretty easy to tell that this its the exact same picture on both cards, unless there is some minuscule difference like the use of two different shots that were taken back-to-back by the same camera. For all intents and purposes, it's the same and that's all that matters.

Technically I could say the Young Guns card is a candidate on its own with the same image used twice on the front of the card, but that's not what this project is about. Maybe it will get an asterisk or something since I can see three of the same picture between two cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment