Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jimmy Howard: Ultimate Debut Threads

Time for another update on my main player collection, which has kind of taken a backseat to my other projects recently. That said, I am still always on the lookout for good deals on Howard stuff, which is why I'm able to write this post today.

This card is from a set from Jimmy's rookie season, 2005-06 UD Ultimate Collection, and features a nice big piece of red jersey material. The only downside is that it's a "photo-shoot worn" piece of material. Not as cool as "game-worn" but still a nice addition. 


On a positive note, I did manage to get this one for what I thought was a great deal at just $5 plus shipping. It's from his rookie year, numbered out of 250, and is just a great looking card, so at that price I couldn't pass on it.

How do you guys feel about the whole "game-worn" versus "event-worn" memorabilia pieces. At least with the latter the player did actually wear the jersey, but I can definitely see how most would not find it as appealing as something that you would've seen in a game in person or on television.

2 comments:

  1. Nice addition! I have a number of photo-shoot Getzlafs, and as long as they tell me, I can live with it. I'd of course prefer game-worn but rookie-year stuff is often "event"/photo-shoot worn. Plus there's so much new stuff each year, I get my game-worn fill.

    ReplyDelete