Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Card Show This Weekend

I was really hoping to make it to the National in Chicago this past weekend, but my plan never materialized, so another local card show this weekend will have to suffice for now. 


The show I'm planning on attending is again at the Gibraltar Trade Center, although this time it's at a different location that the previous show (they've got two locations on the north and south sides of town). I've heard that this location isn't as good as the other one, but we'll see as I haven't been to this one in quite a few years now. 

Again I want to go into this thing with specific needs in mind, rather than taking money with me and simply picking up random boxes and what not. I think this time around I'm going to spend some more time looking through the large boxes of $0.25 cards to see if I can make another dent in either my MVP Stanley Cup Edition or Metal Universe set projects.

And of course I'll be on the lookout for Howard stuff, but I'm always hesitant at these shows because there's always the hometown premium placed on Wings players, so it could actually be cheaper to take the hit on shipping from eBay.

Other than that, I'm kind of finding myself wanting to bust some late 90's - early 00's wax after seeing some breaks on the various forums and blogs. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and find a box of Metal Universe or Stanley Cup Edition, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment