Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Picks # 53: Todd Simpson

This pick is another one that just caught my eye, although that isn't necessarily a good thing in this case. The card I'm referring to is a Todd Simpson base card from 1997-98 Upper Deck, and it ain't pretty. I'm not exactly sure what UD was thinking with this one.

I know sometimes cards are meant to show players off the ice, kind of like this Trevor Linden over at My Hockey Card Obsession, but this is ridiculous. Seriously, who wants a hockey card picturing the guy reading the newspaper? 

The card itself isn't all that bad, in fact I kind of like this particular design from Upper Deck, but the picture just completely ruins the whole thing in this case.

Anyone have any other cards like this that aren't worth the cardboard they're printed on?

1 comment: