Thursday, November 18, 2010

TTM Success: Gilles Meloche

It's been about four months since my last TTM success so these two from former Penguins goaltender Gilles Meloche were a welcome surprise in the mailbox yesterday.

Meloche began his NHL career with two games in Chicago before being traded to the California Golden Seals. He spent five seasons there before ending up with the Cleveland Barons. He then moved on to Minnesota and finished his career with the Penguins.

The first card I sent is from 1988-89 Topps depicting Meloche with the Penguins and the second card is from 2004-05 ITG Franchises depicting him with the Barons.

Sent: 6/17/10
Received: 11/17/10




Meloche was nice enough to sign both cards with a fine-tip black marker. It seems like he tried to make sure the signature were as visible as possible, and not right over top the darker portions of the pictures. The Topps card is now the oldest in my TTM collection, narrowly beating out my 1990-91 Score Olaf Kolzig. 

2 comments:

  1. nice! he signed for me awhile back too... one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I love his other Barons mask.

    One of my all-time faves.

    I'm going to try a TTM with him when I have time to build some customs over my Christmas break. Great to see a quick return.

    ReplyDelete