Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Picks # 48: Martin Biron

This pick is another one that's more about the picture on the card than the card itself. It's just another base card to most people, but not to me as I really like this Martin Biron from 2002-03 Topps. It's got an awesome close-up of his mask.


Biron had some nice masks during his time with the Sabres and this has to be one of the best in my opinion. I love how it's split right down the middle with the buffalo on one side and the "B" on the other. The combination of black and red is perfect and I wish the Sabres had stuck with those colors. 

As far as the set design, this one isn't too bad. The border is a nice neutral kind of maroon color. I like how two of the corners are rounded while the other two are square. The full color team logo is neatly placed inside the outline of a puck in the lower right corner with the image on the card showing through. 

The silver foil on the player name is kind of difficult to read on top of the grey, but some of that is just the scanner. It's not too bad when actually holding the card. The only change I would make is moving the Topps logo to the left of the two lines it intersects. 

1 comment:

  1. A great card. I have that one in my goalie mask collection. One of my favorite masks of Biron as well. I also like the concentration in his eyes as well. Makes the card complete for me.

    ReplyDelete