Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pack Break: 2008-09 OPC

This pack is the fourth from the 15-pack value box I purchased at Target several weeks ago. I haven't bought any of this product in the past so I didn't know what to expect.



This is one of the larger sets out there which means there is a pretty decent player selection, its not just limited to a few superstars from every team, as evident with the Skille and Hilbert cards. 

I like everything about the design of the base cards except for the size of the O-Pee-Chee logo. I think it takes up way to much space on the front of the card. 

I really like the use of team colors in the background and the borders. It gives the set a little more variety, something OPC didn't have in recent years. I also like how the images overlap only the top border of the card and not the sides, its an interesting effect. 

The best thing about this set is the retro parallels. I can't think of a better set to use for them other than maybe the 84-85 set, but this works for me. I think it would be awesome to build the parallel set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment