Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Jimmy Howard: SPA Future Watch

This year has been pretty good for my Jimmy Howard collection so far. For whatever reason I've been a lot more interested in adding to it than in recent years. Maybe is has to do with the fact that he is likely done with the Red Wings. From a collecting perspective, that might actually help drop the prices on his stuff a bit, so maybe I should try to wait it out. Or not, as you can probably tell by this streak of new Howard cards that I'm on. 

Today's post is a card that has been on my Howard want list since I started collecting his stuff back in 2010. I'm sure most player collectors would agree that if your guy has one, then the SPA Future Watch is a must have RC. I know I've always wanted one.

Here is card #155 from 2005-06 SP Authentic. It is serial numbered 214/999.


I was able to grab this one for $14 plus shipping. I don't think that's a bad deal considering I've always wanted one. On top of that it is just a great looking card. 

The best part is the hard signed autograph. I've always liked the way Howard's signature looks when compared to a lot of other players. This is one of the better examples in my collection. It is perfectly centered and there is not a smudge in sight.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pickup. $14 for his autographed rookie card seems like a steal when you consider he's #3 all-time on the Red Wings in wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      That's right. I always forget about the fact that he has actually won a ton of games for the Wings.

      Delete