Saturday, July 11, 2020

Jimmy Howard: SP Game Used All-Star

Continuing with my Jimmy Howard pickups, a while back I bought a pair of cards from 2019-20 SP Game Used. I didn't even realize Howard had and cards in this set until they started popping up on eBay recently. He is only featured on the cards with game-used swatches from last year's All-Star game.

The first one comes from the All-Star Weekend banner/jersey set and features pieces of an event-used jersey and a decorative banner. I'm assuming this means the jersey was just from a photo shoot or something, but who knows maybe it was from the skills competition. It doesn't specify either way on the back.


I'm going to guess this is the only card that features Howard in a suit, so that makes this a bit of a unique piece in the collection. The main reason I chose this one was the banner swatch. It has a piece of the "O" from the Honda logo as shown right behind him in the photo. It might not be from that exact banner though as this piece looks to be smaller.

The second is from the All-Star Skills Fabrics set and features another piece of an event-used jersey. This time the back of the card specifically states it was used in the skills competition, so that's cool as that the jersey in the photo.


The pair cost me $5 plus shipping. Not bad for a couple of somewhat unique jersey cards. 

I know plain jersey cards like these are not as cool as they used to be, but I am happy to have these as they at least feature swatches from a single specific event. Now I just need to track down a few other cards from this set. According to TCDB, Howard has 12 total.

1 comment:

  1. I like the San Jose All-Star logo. I'll have to see which Sharks made these checklists.

    ReplyDelete