Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Jimmy Howard: Contenders Gold Parallel

Well, hello 2020. I've been meaning to post on here, but with everything hitting the fan lately I just haven't had the time or motivation to actually do it. I have some draft posts I'd like to get to and one of them is my latest Jimmy Howard pickup from eBay.

I bought this way back in November and its just been sitting on my card desk ever since. It is a gold parallel from 2011-12 Panini Contenders and is serial numbered 034/100. If only it had been one number higher, I'd have myself one of those fancy jersey number eBay 1/1's.


Rumor has it Howard's time in Detroit has finally come to an end. I'm not sure how to feel about that from a collecting perspective. On the one hand, his cards might become slightly more affordable after he's gone. On the other hand, my favorite Red Wing will be gone.

Even if he does leave the Red Wings I still plan on collecting his cards.

I'm sure some of you have dealt with your main PC player moving onto a new team. What was your thought process when it happened? Did it change your collecting of that player?

Jimmy Howard Collection Total: 183

3 comments:

  1. When it comes to hockey... I've had terrible luck with my favorite players being traded or leaving to sign with other teams. The ones that hurt the most for me were Jeff Friesen, Devin Setoguchi, and Patrick Marleau. At the time, I probably slowed down on picking up singles. But if I ever see a cool card of any of these players and it's cheap... I'll still buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singles of them still with the Sharks or with their new team?

      I know it will be strange seeing Howard on another team, but I feel like I would want those cards just as much as any of his Red Wings stuff.

      Delete
    2. Pretty much singles with the Sharks... but people would give me singles of Setoguch with his other teams and I'd hold onto them. It's like Kurt Suzuki. I collect all of his cards, but won't usually go out of my way to find cards of him if he's not wearing an A's uniform.

      Best of luck with your Howard collection. I've always been a firm believer in collecting what you want to collect... as long as you're enjoying it.

      Delete