Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Jimmy Howard: UD Midnight

Jimmy Howard has been my main player collection for a little over nine years now. I can't believe its been that long. It seems like just yesterday that I was posting about my first Howard card in the form of his Artifacts rookie. I guess time does really fly and you have to try and enjoy it the best you can. As far as that goes, I'm pretty happy with how my Howard collection has worked out nearly a decade into it.

Despite the fact that I have not acquired many new Howard cards over the last couple of years, I am always on the lookout for new stuff to add to my collection. I would still consider myself kind of cheap when it comes to card buying so I'm especially on the lookout for great deals. Today's post is another good example of one of those. 

This UD Midnight parallel from 2017-18 Upper Deck Series 2 came up on eBay a couple of weeks ago and I was luck enough to get it for just $3. Not bad for a card that is serial numbered 8/25. Even the shipping was cheap at only $1, although it was only a PWE.


This one has a really cool shot of Howard at the Air Canada Center. I'm assuming this is shot from one of those net cams. I really like the low angle as it give the photo a unique perspective. You don't usually get a nice closeup of the goalie gear like this.

This is also the first UD Midnight parallel I've ever had. I'm not really sure what the deal is with them. I've known about the UD Exclusive and the High Gloss parallels, but not these. Anyone know the story behind these? I would love to know more.

Jimmy Howard Collection Total: 180

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've ever heard of UD Midnight parallels. That being said... it's been a few years since I've opened up any UD hockey packs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not the only one. They're a nice looking parallel, I just don't know why they exist.

      Delete