Monday, October 21, 2019

Golden Knights: September Card Show Pickups

Even though we're in the middle of October now, I've been backed up on scans that need to be posted so I still have some stuff to show from my trip to the Troy show in September.

We'll start things off with my favorite of the lot, this Violet Pixels parallel of Max Pacioretty from 2018-19 OPC Platinum. This will go great with the James Neal that I picked up from the show back in August. Now I just need to work on completing the team sets of these.


Up next is a rainbow parallel from the same set. This one shows Jonathan Marchessault during Vegas' inaugural season as evident by the patch. If you ask me these jerseys tend to look better on cards as they don't blend in as much with the white ice and boards.


This one featuring Marc-Andre Fleury is from the 2018-19 SP Authentic Moments set. It is dated Oct 20, 2018 and describes how Flower moved into 10th place on the all time NHL career wins list. Unsurprisingly, the photo shown is from that very game. Click here for a nice recap of the game by SI. This goes nicely with the other two I posted in September.


Sticking with Flower, here is a profiles card from SP, although it is nearly impossible to tell from the scan. The blue foil appears almost completely black and becomes invisible on the black background. Funny thing is I didn't even realize SP was a separate set in 2018-19.


Last but not least is a red parallel of William Karlsson from 2018-19 SP Authentic. These are identical to the base cards except for the red foil on the SPA logo and the player name on the bottom. This one gives me a full team set of Golden Knights for the red parallels.


These five add a couple new sets and bring my Golden Knights total to 39.I've got a little ways to go before catching my Predators collection, but that's ok as these are more of side projects for me. They give me something cheap and easy to look for at local card shows. 

Now that the 2019-20 card season is in full swing, I'm looking forward to hitting up a few more shows to see how many I can find like this. Since neither of these teams are the Red Wings, they are usually in the $0.10 or $0.25 boxes so it is definitely easy on the wallet.

Golden Knights Collection Total: 39

1 comment:

  1. As a Sharks fan... I can't stand the Knights. But I gotta admit... every time the Knights win, I know my mom is smiling down on them... and that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete