Tuesday, August 27, 2019

SCE Super Script Update

Wow, I just realized it's been over two years since I posted an update for my 1999-00 MVP Stanley Cup Edition Super Script project, again. That was about the same gap between my previous update and the one before that. Talk about slow progress. I guess time does fly by, but for whatever reason it doesn't even feel like these have been that infrequent. 

I still consider this my favorite set after all these years and do not plan on stopping any time soon. They just don't show up for sale all that often. Sometimes when they do they are out of my price range so that makes them even harder to snag.

Luckily, 2019 has been good to me so far. I've been able to add three more to my set, all thanks to eBay. If I had to guess, I would say at least 75% of these things have come from there. For me, its the place where they show up the most.

Up first is card #78 in the set featuring Viktor Kozlov of the Florida Panthers. This one is serial numbered 19/25. I was able to grab this one for just $3.50 back in April.
 

Next we have card #47 featuring former Blackhawk Dean McAmmond. This one is serial numbered 05/25. I really like those old black jerseys Chicago used to wear. I was able to get this one for $9.99 just a couple of weeks ago.


Last but not least is another one of the CHL prospects cards. This one is #198 and features Ryan Jardine. It is serial numbered 22/25. Jardine was drafted by the Panthers 89th overall in 1998, but only played eight NHL games. Unfortunately, he never scored a goal and finished with two assists. This one cost me $3.19 back in March.


That's it for now. It feels great to finally post another update for this set. I've know all along this set would take me quite a while and that's fine with me. It gives me something to search for at shows and on the internet. Its still exciting every time I see a new one pop up.

These three bring me to a total of 62 for the set, which is just over 28% complete now. I've definitely got my work cut out for me tracking down the remaining 158 cards.

4 comments:

  1. 28% of a set numbered to 25 = some serious dedication

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 28% doesn't seem like much, but when I sit back and look at the stack of these things I have going it feels pretty good.

      Delete
  2. Huge!!! Amazing to see that you have about the same number of Supers as you do Golds. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of crazy that they are almost tied now. I always figured I would have a lot more golds since there are 4x as many of each card.

      Delete