Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Predators: Subban SPA Spectrum FX

I've been to two card shows this year now and have come away with a good number of singles for my new Predators collection. Rather than throwing a bunch of different sets into one long post, I thought I would try to break things up a little more moving forward. Its easier for me to find time for a quick post with just a card or two. 

P.K. Subban is once again the focus here. This time I found a Spectrum FX insert from 2016-17 SP Authentic for just $1. This one is card #S-23 in the set and is not serial numbered. It is the standard version, but apparently there are gold parallels out there numbered to 50. Those were available through the Upper Deck bounty program. 


This card looks a lot better in person than it does in the scan above. There are some really cool effects that change as the light hits the front of the card. Its actually a pretty nice design overall. I like how the photo is a bit off center, but still lines up with all the random shapes emanating from behind Subban.

Its also nice that they cropped Subban from the background of the original photo. That definitely helps the picture stand out from the rest of the design. I do think it would look even better if they had shown him in the gold home jerseys from that season.

Predators Collection Total: 36

No comments:

Post a Comment