Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Predators: 18-19 O-Pee-Chee

My first card show on the year is definitely one that keeps on giving. Even though I only picked up cards for two of my projects, its been nice breaking things up into multiple posts. I enjoy writing these things and its a bit easier to fit in several smaller posts instead of one extremely long one with dozens of cards.

Continuing with my Predators pickups from the 10 cent boxes, I've got a half dozen cards from 2018-19 O-Pee-Chee. These are the first OPC cards I've gotten in a couple of years now. I have to say this design is pretty nice. Its definitely an improvement over some of the designs I remember from recent years.

The first one of the group is #141 featuring Ryan Johansen.


Up next is card #159 that features Scott Hartnell.


Kevin Fiala is featured on card #173. This one appears to have been cut slightly wrong. You can see some of the next card on the left hand side.


Card #357 is Colton Sissons. I will always remember him for scoring a hat trick in Game 6 of the 2017 Western Conference Final against the Anaheim Ducks. That was one of the highlights of that run for me as a new fan of the Preds.


Nick Bonino is on card #399. There is definitely a lot of gold in this photo between the Preds uniform and the top and bottom of the boards. The only thing that bugs me about that watching on TV is the slight difference in the color between top and bottom.


Last but not least we have one of the newer Preds, Ryan Harman, featured on card #419.


I like how for all of these cards the photo focuses solely on the featured player. This just gives them a cleaner look in my opinion. Sure, they may not be the most exciting action shots, but they at least make for a nice overall look.

Since this is O-Pee-Chee after all, I'm still going to need quite a few more cards to complete the Preds team set. There are 20 of them in the main set, so I've got a ways to go. At least it gives me something to look for at the next card show.

Predators Collection Total: 26

No comments:

Post a Comment