Monday, January 28, 2019

Predators: 17-18 Parkhurst

Continuing the Parkhurst theme from my last Golden Knights post, I was able to grab some Predators cards from the same set at the show. I guess good things do come in three's because that's exactly how many Preds I ended up with. 

The first card was #137 in the set and features defenseman Mattias Ekholm. Interestingly, this one has a photo of Ekholm from the 2016-17 season as evident by Nashville's old road jersey. I actually really liked that set of uniforms and was kind of bummed that they completely overhauled them for the switch to Adidas. 


Up next was card #138 featuring Nick Bonino. The photo on this one is from the 2017-18 season as evident by the new road jersey. In this case, the green elements of the Parkhurst design make for a nice contrast against the gold on the Preds uniforms.


The last one is #132 and features defenseman and team captain Roman Josi. We're back to the old road jersey with this one. This is also the first horizontal card I've grabbed from the Parkhurst set. Now I'm not sure which orientation I prefer as they both work pretty well.


That's it for now. Not a bad haul for just 30 cents. I have a few more to find to complete this team set, so I'll be on the lookout for those now. After some quick research, I found that there are also red border and black border parallels for this set. I'll have to get some of those too. Black seems like it would make for a nice sleek and simple looking design.

Predators Collection Total: 18

No comments:

Post a Comment