Friday, August 11, 2017

Card Show This Weekend

Card shows are something that I've always loved going to as far back as I can remember. When I was a kid my dad would take us to several shows a year. I would always enjoy seeing all the cool stuff available and usually get myself some nice Red Wings stuff. 

This weekend I am planning on going to one of the places my dad took me to the most for the very last sports card and memorabilia show there ever as the place is closing down after 37 years of business. It's a bit of a bummer for me because my house now is only about 15 minutes away and it's the only place I've been going to for card shows lately. Double bummer because the model train show I go to every year was held there.


Anyway, I'm hoping that there will at least be a decent showing this last time so I can maybe grab some stuff for my various collection projects. It's nowhere near as big as it used to be, but the last couple have been pretty decent so we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at the show! Sorry to hear that they're shutting it down. Maybe the promoters will find another venue nearby... especially since I feel that this year there's been a lot of hobby interest from non-collectors due to the solid rookie crop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a pretty good show. I talked to one of the vendors and they are in fact moving this main show to other local venues, so I should have some new shows to check out later this year.

      Delete