Thursday, April 28, 2016

Pack Break: 2012-13 Score

The first pack from my Target value box was 2012-13 Score. It's kind of funny that two of the packs in the box have Pavel Datsyuk on them with all the news lately about him retiring from the NHL. That's too bad because he was one of my favorite payers. Anyway, this pack has seven cards and I'm not sure I've opened any of it in the past.

Score is a pretty basic low end set with some parallels and simple inserts. There are some autographs, but I'm sure the odds of hitting one of them are not very good. I would have been happy with a Red Wing and/or a couple goalie cards from this pack.


Well, I think I did pretty good with this one. I got Pavel Datsyuk for my Wings collection and two nice cards for my goalie collection. The base set is not too bad for this version of Score, although I think the conference name at the bottom is kind of a pointless addition. It would look better without the extra words below the picture.


Overall not a bad way to start off this particular value box. I got some nice cards for a couple of my side projects and the rest will go into the traders pile for now. That's another thing I need to get back to, I have so many extra cards that don't fit into any of my collecting projects. None of it is really worth trading so I'll have to think about what I want to do with all of it. For now its just taking up space in my man cave.

4 comments:

  1. Not a bad start for your first pack. Gotta love Giacomin's mask the way it's strapped around his head. I'd be willing to swap you some Wings for Bruins if you have any hanging around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have some extra Bruins laying around. Most of it would be base and inserts from around 1995 through today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the exact kind of cards we can create a trade around if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. Send me an email card.boarded@gmail and we can work out the specifics.

      Delete