Saturday, August 9, 2014

Jimmy Howard: Panini Prizm Cracked Ice

This is the card that I was referring to in my last thoughts post. I purchased it on eBay for $2 a few weeks ago and the card arrived with a strange orange staining on the back and edges. After some back and forth with the seller, I decided to keep the card and I removed most of the staining with a magic eraser. The only evidence is a faint orange mark on one edge of the card. I can live with that considering the price I paid and the rarity of this card.

This card is from 2013-14 Panini Prizm and is part of the cracked ice parallel set, which I believe was tied into the spring expo in Toronto. They are numbered 30 and of course feature the "cracked ice" effect on the front. These things are acutally pretty nice looking when you hold one up to the light. 


This one is also an "eBay 1/1" if you want to call it that. It is numbered 01/30, although that can't be seen here because it is stamped on the back of the card. It definitely goes nicely alongside the blue parallel that I have of the same card. Now I just need to work on tracking down some of the other parallel versions of this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment