Monday, April 21, 2014

Jimmy Howard: 2013-14 Totally Certified Gold

This is the last of three Jimmy Howard cards I won on eBay recently. While it wasn't as cheap as the other two, it only set me back $2 plus shipping, so again not a bad deal. I may seem cheap going after these 'low-end' cards, but I'm all about finding bargains in this hobby right now. I have another hobby now (model railroading) that requires a good amount of money, so there is only so much to go around when it comes to buying cards.

Anyway, enough about that and more about the card itself. It comes from Panini's 2013-14 Totally Certified set and is one of the Platinum Gold parallels, serial numbered 21/25. Speaking of Panini, it's too bad that they will not be in the hockey card game any more. I was really liking some of their designs. They tend to stand out when I am sorting through my stack of Howard inserts and parallels. 


Its actually a cool looking card, at least when you hold it up to the light, not so much in the scan. The whole card is has a foil texture other than the picture, the team name, and the TC logo in the center. It makes it hard to read the player name at the bottom doesn't it? 

That's all I have for now, I'm hoping to get some more Howard stuff in the near future, but we'll see. I've got a ton of 2013-14 stuff to chase so there's definitely no shortage of cards out there. I just need to be a little more aggressive with my bidding if I want to land them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment