Monday, April 15, 2013

Duplicity #5: Alex Auld

Duplicity - The quality or state of being double or twofold. 

Time for another Duplicity post, although this one is a bit different than the last few. By that I mean these two cards would've also looked great in my Goaltending Gallimaufry project with the mismatch between Auld's gear and the Canucks uniforms. 

The one on the left is from 2002-03 BAP First Edition and the one on the right is from 2002-03 BAP Memorabilia. The only real difference between the two is the one on the right is a bit more zoomed in. If I had to choose though, I would take the First Edition card because there is less cropping of the image.


Once again this is a pretty straightforward duplication of images. I don't understand how this can still happen today, even back 10 years ago when these sets were released. There had to be more than just one picture of Alex Auld that ITG could have used. 

I know if I were to see this as a player collector, I would be slightly annoyed about the lack of variety, especially considering both cards came from the same company. It's one thing when say UD and Panini happen to have the same picture, I understand that way more than this. Unless there is a legitimate reason, this is just pure laziness if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. I have those two cards next to eachother in my Goalie Project binder, great project!

    ReplyDelete