Monday, March 4, 2013

Thoughts: Oops, Already Had That One

One of the things I like about having this blog is the want list page that I try to keep as up to date as possible. It allows me to take a quick look at what I need for my sets and player collections no matter where I am. It's so much easier than trying to keep an updated spreadsheet, let alone a hand written list. Anyway, all of that being said, it's only a useful tool if you actually use it. 

Last night I was on eBay waiting for several auctions to end, well eight of them to be specific. These were all from the same seller and all were cards for one of my PC projects, so I was trying to save on shipping by getting all eight of them in one package deal. I won all eight auctions for $0.99 each and was excited to have them, until I realized I accidently bought one that I already had. 

Now, I know this isn't the biggest deal in the world at $0.99 and all, but it's still frustrating that I could've avoided this just by checking my want list before blindly placing bids on eight cards at once. Live and learn I guess. I have no need for duplicate copies of these cards so it looks like I just added to my traders list by mistake.

Have you ever done this? If so, was it something relatively inexpensive like these $0.99 cards, or was it something more significant?

2 comments:

  1. I do it all the time. Sometimes intentionally, but mostly by accident. That's why I have so many duplicate Eric Tangradi cards in my PC. I also have yet to log everything in my Jagr, Guerin, and Lemieux collection (what? It's only been 5-10 years) so I inevitably end up with dupes of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After every major show I go to, I inevitably find a couple singles that are already in with sets or my modern player collections. At last year's national, I probably could have saved about $8 on vintage singles and star cards that I didn't need. And I think I keep my lists up to date pretty well.

    ReplyDelete