Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Jimmy Howard: Certified Goalie Pulls

Thanks to a trade with Michael over at Collecting for Kicks, I can finally get to another post for my Jimmy Howard collection. It's been over a month now since I've been able to add anything to it after a couple of quarter box pickups. Anyway, a while back I saw that he pulled it from a few packs of 2012-13 Panini Certified. I inquired about it and now a few weeks later I'm glad to have it as part of my collection. 

Here's a look at the front of the card:


I love the front of these cards for some reason. I really like the red border on the top and left side as well as the font used for the "Goalie Pulls" text. I also like how the background of the card is free of any background action, ads on the board, or fans behind the glass.

The obvious difference between this and other insert cards is the fact that it's made up of two pieces. While I still don't understand the appeal, you can literally pull the acetate inner portion of the card out to the right side. Anyone a fan of this set?

2 comments:

  1. Very confusing, I first thought it was going to be a normal base card that you can pull out the picture but with the name on the bottom it can't really be changed. So there is really no purpose to that.

    Otherwise I like cool goalie inserts and the clear plastic background cards like Premier Ice rookies.

    Love clear plastic see through cards vs. old paper or cardboard(like O-Pee-Chee).

    ReplyDelete