Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Red Wings: Card Show Pickups

Today's post is all about the Detroit Red Wings. Lately I've decided that I would more actively pursue any and all Wings cards for my PC and by that I mean strictly base and low-end stuff. They are my team and I always like finding new cards of the guys I grew up watching in person and on television.

As with any of the card shows around here, there is never a shortage of Wings cards. The only downside is that most of them are overpriced for what they are. However, sometimes there are good deals to be had and the nine cards below are a good example of that. All but one of them cost me just $0.10 and the other was only a quarter.

 

My favorites are the Lidstrom and Giacomin. There is just something cool about the design of that revolution set and who doesn't love a good close up shot of an old school mask? Another cool one is the Osgood SPx, from back when SPx cards were actually fun to collect with the die cuts and holograms.

That's nine more for the Wings PC to go along with who knows how many I already have. That will be another one of my goals for 2013. I'd like to get my Wings PC sorted and organized, more importantly I want to get an idea of the total number of cards in it. 

That brings up a question for you guys. For a team collection, do you sort them by player or by year and set? I'm leaning towards the set option, but it would be pretty neat to have all the cards of a given player in one place.

3 comments:

  1. for collecting my Montreal cards, I only have 3-4 player collections. For the rest, they are put into pages as team sets.


    How excited are you about the new Motown Madness set coming out???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah... sent you an invite to get back into the hockey pool. Same as last year... let me know if you're in or out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always preferred to organize my team collections by year and by set. What I've struggled with is parallel inserts - should they go alongside their base cards, or together after all of the base cards in order? So far I've taken the latter approach.

    ReplyDelete