Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Picks #87: Roman Turek

Seems like forever now since I've done one of these. I guess that's what happens when I have nothing better to do on a Sunday morning without any new mail to share. Actually, the last one of these was all the way back in May of this year. Man, time flies doesn't it? 

Anyway, one of bamlinden's recent posts over at My Hockey Card Obsession got me thinking about some more creative ideas for collecting projects. Going through a stack of cards in my desk today, I came across one that I think would make for another cool project.


Now there's something that you don't see on most cards, although I'm sure you could make quite a collection out of these if you actually took the time and looked hard enough. Just flipping through my binders I came across several of these, both goalies getting sprayed and players just stopping.

If I didn't already have my Goaltending Gallimaufry project going, I would definitely like to get this one going. Like any project of this kind, it gives you a reason to actually care about and look for base cards in a world where a lot of people just throw away their base cards.

1 comment: