Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pack Break: 2008-09 OPC

Getting closer and closer to the last of these twelve packs now. Next we have another OPC pack, this time from 2008-09. I know I've done at least one pack of this stuff in the past, because I remember getting one of the really cool 79-80 retro cards. 

Gotta love seeing Mr. Hockey on the wrapper too. OPC seems to stick with the old timers on their packaging (i.e. Gretzky, Orr, Howe, etc) which is a refreshing change from the usual Crosby fest when it comes to the wrappers.

 

Here's what came out of this pack:


The base cards are pretty plain and again the problem with this set is the size of the O-Pee-Chee text on the card. It's more noticeable than the team logo, the player name, and the team name. On the other hand, this pack had one of my favorite cards of the entire value box, the King Clancy Memorial trophy card. I've never seen this set before and the cards are amazing looking in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment