Thursday, July 12, 2012

Captured on Cardboard #10: Bobby Orr

I think it's pretty obvious by the title where this post is going. I was lucky enough to come across a nice Bobby Orr from UD Masterpieces at the Gibraltar show for less than $1, so I made sure to grab it just for this project.

I've always read a lot about this set, but never really saw any of the cards in person. Now that I have one of them, I have to say this set is pretty awesome. I love the canvas look that these cards have as it goes perfectly with the painted image on each one. 


This will be the first time you'll get to see one of these "Captured on Cardboard" moments in reverse. I happened to come across one of those history will be made commercials that everyone seems to love and thought I would use one for a change. Right about the 17 second mark is where the painting on the card comes from.


It's about time I get one of the iconic moments of the game into this series. I know it's the easy way out in a sense, but there's no denying the awesomness of this card, right?

1 comment:

  1. It's because of cards like this that I have become pretty much obsessed with this product and am currently working on a master set of it (minus any 1 of 1s). There are some absolutely gorgeous cards to be found. Always love reading about other collectors' appreciation for products that I enjoy!

    ReplyDelete