Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pack Break: 2006-07 MVP

While I did get some stuff in the mail today, it was for one of my non-card memorabilia collections, so I will have to settle for getting another one of these pack breaks out of the way. Today we have one pack of 2006-07 MVP, one of my least favorite of the MVP designs, and one that I've busted a few packs of before. 

 

As you can see from the scan of the wrapper above, there were eight cards in this pack with one insert or rookie card in each one. While I did get one insert, let's start off the base cards first with this one featuring Chris Drury of the Buffalo Sabres.


Card number two was this one featuring Scott Gomez of the New Jersey Devils.


Then there was this one featuring Doug Weight of the St. Louis Blues.


Followed by this one featuring Saku Koivu of the Montreal Canadiens.


Next was this one featuring David Leneveu of the Phoenix Coyotes.


The last of the base cards was this one of Marek Zidlicky of the Nashville Predators.


Finally, the one insert I managed to pull was a "Gotta Have Hart" featuring former Avalanche and recent HHOF inductee Joe Sakic. 


So, definitely not the most exciting pack in the world, but it could've been worse. I guess part of the problem is the design. I think ever since the MVP set changed to the more script-looking text, the designs were never the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment