Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New PC Project: Mask Collection

In a recent post I showed off a Mike Richter Mask card I managed to grab from the dollar box at my LCS. That got me thinking that I should start back up another PC project I kind of gave up on in the last two years or so. One that I've always kind of had on the back burner.

I know plenty of people collect all the mask cards, so I'm not alone with this one, but it will give me something else to look for at card shows and shops in the future, especially in the dollar boxes where I've seen a bunch in the past, plus they're really cool.

Here's a look at my Mask collection so far:


It's not much, but it's a start. I do at least have the very first mask set completed as I was able to grab it at a card show a while back for just a few bucks. Even though it's not the flashiest of the bunch, it's still an amazing looking set. Ideally I want to somehow frame each of the sets once they are complete. Any suggestions on how to do that?

By the way, if you haven't noticed I added a new tracker to the sidebar of the blog for this project. I think I've got all the prominent mask sets listed, can you think of any that I have missed? I want to stick with just the major NHL  releases (ITG stuff included) here, so none of the European or minor league stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Best mask card is still the Patrick Roy one from Pro Set (but I'm a Hab fan)

    ReplyDelete