Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Goaltending Gallimaufry: Two From The Old IHL

Gallimaufry [gal-uh-maw-free] A hodgepodge; jumble; confused medley.

Hope everyone one had a good holiday weekend. I know I did by spending the last four days in Michigan's Upper Peninsula with family and friends. It was nice to get away from things like work, television, and even blogging and the hobby in general to some extent. Now I'm back and have a few posts lined up that I want to get out of the way before my vacation time is over come January 3rd.

Now for what you came here to read. A little while back I logged into to Blogger and found a comment awaiting approval from Jon over at JonWayne's Autographs. He informed me of two cards he had that I could use for my Goaltending Gallimaufry project

The two cards arrived the other day and fit perfectly with this project. The first is this Bob Essensa from the 1995-96 Edge Ice set. Essensa, a former Red Wing as evident by the mask, is pictured with the Fort Wayne Komets. He played 45 games there in 1995-96 before returning to the NHL with Edmonton the following season.


The other one, from the same set, is this Allan Bester. He finished his playing career with the Solar Bears from 1995-98. What I don't get is why he still wearing a Red Wings mask at this point. He last played for Detroit in 1991-92 then the Adirondack Red Wings in 1992-93. After that it was a stop in Dallas Stars after two seasons with the San Diego Gulls. Did he have this mask through all those stops?

 

Anyway, these two additions bring the Gallimaufry project to just under 60 cards. Not bad considering I only started this project a little while ago. I'm really hoping to be able to hit the 100 mark with this thing, then we'll see what happens from there.

Goaltending Gallimaufry Count: 59

No comments:

Post a Comment