Friday, October 21, 2011

Thoughts: Hits Galore, Thanks to Uni-Watch

Ok, so those of us using blogger have the awesome ability to track how many people view our blogs on a daily basis, as well as where those views come from. Yesterday I noticed I crossed over the 50,000 views mark just after lunch time. Pretty cool, right?

Well, when I actually looked at my stats for the day, I realized I had over 6800 views, for the day. I'm thinking to myself, "What the hell?" I've only had just under 50,000 total views since they started tracking stats last year. Well, when you get a plug (well, an indirect plug) on an ESPN.com article, you're going to get some additional traffic, wouldn't you think?

When I checked the traffic sources, I noticed a ton of hits from an ESPN.com link. So I click on the link and I'm taken to an article titled, "Uni Watch's 2011 NHL goalie gear guide," written by Paul Lukas of the website Uni-Watch.com.


The article is an awesome in-depth breakdown of goaltender's equipment for the 2011-12 season. The first part focuses on the masks for each team. About a third of the way down is the Detroit Red Wings. I see Jimmy Howard's name there with a click-able link. So I hover over the link and realized it's my post about Jimmy's new mask for this season. Awesome.

If you haven't already done so, go check it out.

2 comments:

  1. 50,000 is a great milestone...congrats to you on hitting that number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Paul you got a lot of traffic from my site cuz I visit yours at least once a day! Great milestone for your blog!

    That's crazy that you didn't even know ESPN was using your site as a reference, I didn't know they were allowed to do that.

    I seem to get some weird traffic from a few orthodontist/teeth/smiling sites..?? I know kinda odd. Also I'm on a few random Finish sites.

    ReplyDelete