Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's That Time Again...

It's that time of year again. Preseason hockey is in full swing and most significantly for me the Red Wings got things started in Pittsburgh last night. I've been waiting for what seems like forever since they were defeated by the Sharks in last years conference semi-finals. 

If only I had the NHL network, then I could have actually watched last night's 3-2 loss for the Wings. Oh well, with the internet nowadays you don't really miss anything. This includes something pertaining to my main PC guy Jimmy Howard. 

It looks like he's rocking some new pads and gloves this year, same mask though, which is fine because it's awesome. That's cool, I was hoping he would get away from those Vaughn iceberg pads and the new one's look great. 


Another interesting picture is this one of #24 Pavel Datsyuk. That's right, 24, not 13. In case you didn't know, Datsyuk is wearing the #24 of his former teammate and friend Ruslan Salei during this pre-season. It's a nice way for Salei to be remembered. Hopefully either Panini or Upper Deck will use a photo from the pre-season. It would be the only other number he's worn since #56 in his first pre-season back in 2001-02. 


I hoping to make it down to the Joe for one of the few home preseason games, but we'll see. What I'm really looking forward to is the regular season, which opens October 7th for the Wings. Only 15 days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment