Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Picks # 55: Mike Dunham

This pick is another one that just stood out when searching through my collection. It's a Mike Dunham from 2001-02 UD Victory, back when Victory actually looked like a halfway decent set. 


There are a few reasons this one stood out to me. The first would be the water bottle and the second would be the fact that you have a shot of a goalie on the ice with no mask on. There aren't usually a lot of cards with these non-action shots, so that's kind of neat. 

Beyond that, I just really like this particular Predators jersey, much more than their current road jerseys. It's got an excellent logo, a great combination of colors, and something a bit different in the silver fabric on the shoulders. 

As far as the design of the card, I like it. It's pretty simple with some neat elements thrown in, like the ice-like surface in the background of the sidebar and the fading to the team color at the bottom. 

The only thing I would have changed would be the use of the same image on the sidebar as the primary image on the card. I think it would have been nice to see something different there. 

One thing this card does is make me want to see just how many cards with goalies taking a drink from the water bottle (like this one over at My Hockey Card Obsession) I can find. I'm sure there's a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment