Monday, February 7, 2011

My Picks # 54: Ron Hextall

My recent Hextall TTM success reminded me that I scanned this next card a while back just for this series. It's Hextall's card from 1997-98 Pinnacle. I have always thought this was a great looking set.

This particular card features an awesome net-cam shot taken just as Hextall is trying to make a save. What makes this one even better is the snow spray on either side of Hextall.

Another cool thing about these net-cam shots is sometimes you can see the jumbotron and get another angle of the same play. Even though it's hard to even see the big screen, it's still pretty neat.

I also have to say I like the fact that this is just a base card that happens to have the net-cam shot, and not a themed set like the Net Cam cards from this year's Score set.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I got this card too and its easily my favorite Hextall card.

    forechecklist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be a cool project to build.

    Great looking card.

    ReplyDelete