Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pack Break: 2009-10 SPx

I was at my LCS the other day picking up some supplies and thought a good way to use up the rest of the money I brought with me was on a pack of something I've yet to buy this year, that being SPx.


I've seen plenty of breaks on the various forums and thought what the heck, I might as well grab one pack and see what happens. I didn't expect to get much and that's exactly what happened, all base cards.

Here is what I got:


Not all that bad for nothing but base cards. I really like the Datsyuk with the winter classic jersey. The Orr is cool too, it's always nice to see some older players thrown into a newer base set.

Overall I like the design, especially the fact that all of the cards are horizontal. They're just really, really shiny as you can see from the scans. The only thing I don't get is the few random x's in the middle on the right side.

One thing this set lacks that I miss from older SPx releases is the hologram image on the front of the card. Those kind of set SPx apart from other sets in the past, but oh well, these are pretty nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment